And now.... on to the five!
1) Making Thursday the new Friday. Can we do that? I mean, I will still come to work on Friday if I have to, but I really like going out on Thursday nights as I have the past few. Sara and I met up at Anvil for yummy cocktails and their pretzel with cheese that I pretty much wanted to bathe in. I think after two hangouts, I can pretty much think of her as "my friend Sara" and not "my blog friend Sara." Right? Thursday plans make the week go faster. What's happening next week?
Punch and Pimm's Cup | Pretzel with yummy spicy queso fundido
2) Since we're talking about blog friends, snail mail from blog friends is awesome, especially when it's unexpected! I got letters from Joy and Carly this week and it was so fun to open something that wasn't a bill. I want to keep up our card sending. If you are comfortable sharing your address with blog friends, it is definitely a fun little project (but obviously friends, use your discretion, there are crazy people out there. I think that goes without saying...)
Cute stationery! Bloggers don't use notebook paper, obviously!
3) If you're in Houston and need unique catering, call Grizzaffi Coffee. I catered an event with gelato and yummy lattes made on site yesterday and my coworkers were SO SO happy with it. The couple that owns it were as nice as could be and I really want to work with them again. They do the coffee at Discovery Green in the winter, too. They have no idea I am saying this but my experience with them was that good that I wanted to share. Plus, it went over really well as an employee incentive to look into for your area if you're not in Texas (this company will travel within the state!).
I love latte art, even if it did get off-centered because I was talking the poor woman's ear off!
4) I am working on an event in which we need a celebrity host. For some reason at a meeting yesterday, Kyle Chandler's (AKA Coach Taylor from Friday Night Lights) name was thrown in as a possibility and for about literally three seconds I thought he was coming to host the event and fangirled at a table of real adults. Most of whom did not know who that was. I'm pretty sure he's not coming, but if he does, I'll let you know. Oh, and does anyone have a connection to any national celebrities?
5) Still excited that I am attending Blog Elevated (see how here) and now I need to design business cards. Eek! I am not good at making things pretty so that will be pretty tough but I'm going to try this weekend. Any tips?