1) Walk/Jog/Run/Elliptical 25 miles. This is feasible, right? Right. It's less than a marathon and I'm giving myself an entire month to do it. When I put it that way, there are no excuses. (2.25 done this morning, hurray!)
2) Say yes to invitations where my first inclination is to say no. Quick, someone invite me to something out of my comfort zone! One of my friends mentioned a girls' night the other night and I immediately started thinking of excuses and she hadn't even given me a date. That is terrible. I need to stop that way of thinking.
3) Get this house on the market. There is lots of Magic Erasing, baseboard painting, and staging that needs to happen before it's ready.
Creepy baby Mr. Clean via
4) Use my time better. I am drawn to my couch the second I walk in the house but if I stay away and go to the gym, join Andrew in the kitchen to cook dinner, go play with the dog, anything but sit down as soon as humanly possible I actually do something and feel much less stressed when I go to bed at night. This needs to continue, at least until the new fall shows are on TV.
5) Learn how to do something new to me, whether it's a hairstyle, blog trick, or recipe.
Tidbits from the week:
I went to this thing at work and the speaker said that the cool little moving picture thingys are called "jiffs" with a hard J, not "gifs" like a soft G. He heard from a guy who heard it from the guy who invented them or something so it must be true. Just thought I would share in case you ever wanted to talk about them in real life. I have been saying it wrong in my head and I don't know that I'm ever gonna stop.
I had to send an email to my coworkers about a birthday and the only ideas that came to be were jokes that were tailored to bloggers, like "On Tuesdays, we eat cupcakes" or a list about why we needed to assemble in the conference room at 3pm on Tuesday but I quickly realized my attempts at humor would be lost on them so I kept it simple. But I did include a gif.
There is a drive-thru adult beverage place near my house and I really think I need to try it this weekend. I mean, there are many perfectly good bars and restaurants from which to procure my buzz but getting a drink without leaving the car? Priceless.
Today I'm home all day, sitting in a small cramped bedroom with my crying kitty while we get new floors. It could be worse, though. I'll be blog commenting and tweeting away so send me something good to read! Do you have any August goals? What are some fun tidbits from your week? Have a great weekend!