So, in the name of perspective, let's think of five things to be happy about this week, okay?
Heidi! | Wine - buy this, it was only $6 | He wasn't being sweet, just hiding his face | Girls Night! Amy, Amy, Me, Darby
1) When my job keeps me busy and days fly by. I plan events at a law school. Sometimes this involves ordering food for 12 people to eat for lunch. Other days I get to source vendors for a staff happy hour. Free booze plus my coworkers loving me for convincing the administration that that was a good idea? Priceless.
2) Super fun bloggy BFFs! If you read either of our blogs, it's no secret that Heidi and I clicked from day one! We grew up so so close to one another and she is currently living in NC but will hopefully be back in Houston soon! I am so hoping that we can get together next time she's in town. I tweeted that I wanted to send some snail mail last week and she sent me her address and got her letter this week. I love a friend who will play along with whatever I throw out...
3) Thai food and Riesling. I know most people don't like sweet wines and Riesling is definitely on the sweet side, but have you had it with some spicy Thai? Amazing. And if you don't like Thai food, why not? If you live in Houston I will gladly go eat it with you. I could pretty much eat Panang Curry once a week.
4) Beautiful (Houston) weather and time with blog friends turning IRL friends last night. Have I mentioned about a million times that I love meeting people through blogging? Welllll, let's make it a million and one. Last night Darby initiated a Happy Hour that I went to along with Amy and Amy. I love meeting blog friends IRL because they know enough about what is going on with you that you can skip the small talk and get into the good stuff. And with every blogger I've met, you spend 10% or less of your time talking about blogging and the rest just talking. It's like I've known these girls for a long time when I have really only met them each once or twice before. Let's do it again, kay?
5) Laughing so hard I cry. Andrew and I have been in close quarters lately and we are both tired of dealing with our stupid house situation and of course, like most married couples, we tend to take that frustration out on one another. The other day we carpooled and just kept out ridiculous-ing one another and I laughed until I cried and my stomach muscles hurt. I love my husband all the time, but times like that remind me of why I fell in love with him. Good stuff. Also, I can be so ridiculous that I don't know who else would have me. So there's that.
Little things. Perspective. Gotta keep reminding myself. You only get so many big moments in life so the little day to days have to be good, ya know? I hope you have a great weekend, and do yourself a favor and try Thai food if you haven't already. Thank me on Monday.
Linking up with Joy and Lauren!