- We have floors!!! Angels are still singing as we speak. The house is mostly back to normal.
- I voluntarily scrubbed bathrooms without my husband strongly hinting that it should be done. That almost never happens.
- Andrew smoked a brisket while I prepared easy sides and dessert for a low-key meal at home.
- We went grocery shopping on Saturday night to beat the crowds (but did stop at the liquor store on the way as an added treat. Don't worry,we got neither wild nor crazy).
- I started my Sunday with Starbucks and Stars Hollow.
- A trip to Garden Ridge and some light house redecorating was super exciting.
- The Giants game and Breaking Bad made for an exciting Sunday night (but I was able to watch on my normal, HDTV and not the tiny one I've been watching for the past two weeks, so both looked better than ever).
1. Floors! | 2. Spicy Chocolate Frozen Custard | 3. Sweet Duncan through the window while Andrew was at the smoker | 4. Brisket! | 5. Salad (from a kit), mac and cheese (from a box), and brownies (from a box)... I am not very domestic! | 6. I need to join a Gilmore Girls addicts group because I watch it far too often.
No drunken shenanigans or going out; just time spent appreciating my house (that I have spent months hating!). I still want to move, but I'm a little bit happier with what I've got. Other fun: kitty snuggles, and my favorite flavor being available at the frozen custard place. This week involves plans for a fun work event, happy hour with a friend, and dinner out for Houston Restaurant Weeks. I've read a few criticisms lately that weekend recaps are boring because "so few weekends are worth recapping." That really bums me out. Who is this blog thing supposed to be for, anyway? I blog so that I can remember what I did with my life and how I spent my time. And this weekend? It should just go down in history as a time that I was grateful for floors beneath my feet and sleeping in my own bed. And if that's boring? Well, as the youngsters say, sorry I'm not sorry.