Why this new flooring is making me want to hurt someone:
- I was told this would take three days.
- It has now been five days.
- It still won't be done tomorrow. However, it should be done by Tuesday night.
- We are still confined to one room and forced to go out for every meal (we can only access the refrigerator and microwave).
- A full size bed is not ideal for two adults. Noted. We will upgrade our guest room as soon as we can! I would love a full night of sleep...
So since you don't want to hear my sad story, let's focus on the good things this weekend, shall we?
1. Tapas and Sangria at Rioja on Friday. Might as well make the best of having to go out to eat, right?
2. Late lunch/early dinner at Pizaro's on Saturday. So good.
3. Iced coffee, why have you never tasted this good before? Quality coffee from Blacksmith + a generous splash of milk + two packets raw sugar = perfection on a summer day. Sorry I doubted you so long.
4. Andrew said we needed a new rug so I found one at Target. It's on sale this week too.
5. Bauer cried all night from being stuck in this room. On Sunday I couldn't listen to it any more so we decided to let him roam through the maze of furniture in the other bedroom. So far, he hasn't gotten stuck or lost.
6. After a day of errands, Tex-Mex was in order. This avocado salad with fresh pico never gets old.
I also spent some time at the gym (loving Songza and the Indie workout playlist) and got a few things at the mall. So I guess it wasn't all bad. Until I got home, realized that my clothes are in four different places, and had to Spiderman climb my way through the room piled high with furniture so I have something to wear to work tomorrow. How's that for an image for ya?
I'm keeping it short today. How was your weekend? Got any iced coffee tips for me? Have you ever had a near heart attack from your significant other suggesting you buy something for the house?