Ten years ago...
- I was 18 and started College.
- I had my first "real" boyfriend and subsequent first "real" breakup.
- I spent my birthday watching Waiting to Exhale at a friend's house which took our high school friendship into the college years.
- I got my first job at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
- I finally started driving regularly (I hated and still hate driving and waited to get my license, mostly by choice!)
Eight years ago...
- I was 20 and still working on my degree full-time.
- I worked in radio and got to meet celebrities.
- I spent my nights and weekends with radio friends going to clubs and being young and carefree.
- I worked as a nanny for a short time for kids who were 14 and 16... awkward!
- I was in a long distance relationship that didn't work out.
Just hanging out with Hootie and the Blowfish at work one day, no big deal haha. Which one did Monica on Friends make out with, do ya think?
Five years ago...
- I was 23 and done with school!
- Andrew and I got engaged that year! (story here)
- I had my first big girl job, which I absolutely hated.
- We adopted Bauer.
- I channelled all my extra energy into wedding planning.
Three years ago...
- I was 25.
- I got married and went on a honeymoon that left the both of us incredibly sick.
- We went to three whirlwind weddings in three months in three cities and I got to experience NYC for the first time.
- I took care of my extremely sick husband after his appendix burst... six months after our wedding!
- My father-in-law moved in with us while we were still newlyweds... and stayed for six months.
Two years ago...
- I was 26.
- We lost one of our dogs (sad story here).
- We celebrated our first anniversary by visiting tons of wineries in Texas.
- I traded in the car that got me through college for one that is supposed to get me through the rest of my 20s and beyond.
- I spent my first Christmas away from "home" visiting my father-in-law in Delaware.
Texas can be pretty too!
So far, this year...
- I spent most of the year being 28 (my birthday is next month).
- I got to attend my first professional development conference in Chicago.
- I travelled to the US Supreme Court for work and made the most of my time in DC.
- I started blogging and met so many great ladies!
- We looked seriously into putting our house on the market
Some years were hard to remember and I could have written a novel on others (2008 and 2010 were good, especially!) What's your history like?