Coffee from my favorite cupcake place | Duncan at the vet with his new NY Giants blue harness | Andrew ordered me a margarita at lunch that was bigger than my water glass... and then I took a two hour nap | Saw this at Ross. Why?
So, instead of boring you with a recap, how about we take a look at my goals for August and see how I did...
1) Walk/Jog/Run/Elliptical 25 miles. DONE! I think I actually hit 26. I was lucky because I took a lot of mornings off from work due to our flooring debacle and took advantage of it to go to the gym. I'm going to see if I can do 25 in September where I will have to go in the afternoons and on weekends more often.
2) Say yes to invitations where my first inclination is to say no. I went to one event outside of my comfort zone and actually made lunch plans with a coworker I don't know that well, rather than continuing with the "Oh yeah, we should have lunch" thing that we all do. Oh and I'm going to a blog conference that I declined attending at first, so I did pretty well.
3) Get this house on the market. Big, fat fail. I don't know what we're waiting for but I'm blaming the two week floor debacle for procrastinating. Maybe September will be our month?
4) Use my time better. Not too terrible but I could always be better! I'll keep working on this in September.
5) Learn how to do something new to me, whether it's a hairstyle, blog trick, or recipe. I made my blog header clickable instead of having a separate navigation bar, so that counts, right? Honestly, I forgot I set this goal for myself so I kind of achieved it by default.
6) Stop drinking soda... at home. I know "cokes" (as we call everything fizzy and delicious in Texas) are full of not good things, but I love them. I trained myself to only like diet ones years ago so now I am going to train myself not to "need" them daily. I'm allowed to have one at work every so often or when out for dinner, but I won't buy any 12 packs this month to keep in the house. I'm already one week into this challenge and so far, so good.
Not toooooo shabby... but I can always do better. I want to keep the same goals from August in mind for September and add one to it: make an effort to eat better and use My Fitness Pal (Find me? I'm LM10). It's no secret that we go out to eat all the time, and that is what frustrated me most last time I used MFP - it was hard to accurately log what I was eating. I'm going to do my best this time around, though, and eat as well as I can when I'm out so I can enter something. Any tips, tricks, or success stories? I honestly thought logging more time at the gym would have made more of a difference, but it hasn't so I'm ready to take it up a notch before the holidays are here and all attempts at eating well go straight out the window.
How was your long weekend? How did you do on your August goals?
Linking up with Sami!