1) Monday was great! I had lunch with two blog friends turned real friends and you didn't even know about it because we didn't take any pics. Rachelle and Sarah both workout near my office so I convinced them they needed a post workout lunch. It was good to see them, especially on a blah day like Monday.
2) On Wednesday, we celebrated both the school I work for and our general counsel/professor turning 90 this year! The professor has been involved with the school since the 1950s as an adjunct and then started working there full-time after he retired from his first career in the 80s. He still works full time and he is one of the smartest people you could ever hope to meet. When I came up with this event, I just said that I wanted a stack of law books cake and my dean approved it. I got to work with the same woman who did my wedding cake and she was amazing! The cakes were called the "star of the show" and most people thought they were actual books stacked on the table. Oh, and they were delicious too.
The detail was amazing. The top book was a recreation of one that the guest of honor wrote; he also taught Admiralty and Constitutional Law (bottom book). It hurt me to watch it get dismantled! I ordered sheet cakes to feed the guests so that we could keep this in tact as long as possible.
3) Dinner date! I came across Caitlin's blog and we have been trying to get together for a while. She lives in my area (yay!) so we got together on our side of town for dinner. Again, no pics, but we were too busy talking! I could tell you all about her family and her fiancé but I won't. Go check out her blog to learn more. I see many coffee dates and wine study breaks in our future...
4) Hart of Dixie came back this week. I love this stupid show. I am not watching any new shows this fall season (a first for me!) so I was excited to have something new to watch. I forgot how much I loved the little town of Blue Bell, Alabama. Sometimes it's the little things, right?
5) I can't have a Five on Friday without mentioning that I am basically a celebrity because my face and words were in yesterday's New York Daily News. Yes, I am being sarcastic because I realize that my face is now in the recycle bins of hundreds of New Yorkers, but it was fun for a day! Also, look how big our pic is in the print edition... I had to share. Luckily my father-in-law picked up a few copies to mail me.
Sorry for the quality- my sister-in-law's friend texted it to her. But OMG, there we are!