1) I am loving twitter this week. I think I say that pretty often but this week it's just extra fun. The interaction during the day just adds a little something to the monotony of work, don't you think?
2) I always like Spotify, but moreso during the holidays. Are you on it? Let's be friends! My username is my first name and last name, no spaces (I don't want to write it out for google purposes but if you don't know it, ask and I will share). To find any user with their username, type in spotify:user:username in the search bar and there they'll be!
3) I got to try a new to me restaurant, Jus' Mac. I have been wanting to try this place for forever but as I am never impressed with mac and cheese, Andrew hasn't wanted to go. Luckily, some friends wanted to go so we did and I really liked it! I thought the prices were reasonable for the portions, the texture was great, and it had flavor. Some mac and cheese just tastes like flour and is too thick. Not this place! I was really impressed and I will definitely go back! I had one with poblano peppers and pepper jack cheese. Next time I want to get The Big Easy that has bell peppers and andouille sausage!
Top: Rachelle's Chicken Mac | Left: Sarah's Mexican-ish Mac with tomato and avocado | Right: Miranda's Frito Pie Mac | Bottom: My Poblano Mac
4) Good friends! I can't stop bringing up how happy I am that this blog has brought me girlfriends. I never knew how badly I needed them until I had them. Somehow, Miranda, Rachelle, Sarah and I spent three hours at Jus' Mac - no drinks, just dinner and lots of girl talk. I love that we are four people with little directly in common besides the fact that we blog, but somehow we work. And there were presents! Rachelle made us all a pretty handmade card and a little notebook with a glittery gel pen that we all fell in love with (seriously, it was like 8th grade all over again). Sarah made yummy oreo balls and packaged them all cute with holiday gift tags that you can print for free on (one of) her blog(s)! Since we didn't talk gifts, Miranda and I both showed up empty handed, but we think that our uncrafty selves should make something for them together. I'll update you if that ever happens.
The photo doesn't do any of it justice but our lady date was long and I still had to type up this post! I am in love with the embossed envelope behind the card!
5) Family time. My step-sister and nieces are coming to town this weekend and I am so excited to see them. It's a quick trip and I will only get to spend part of Saturday with them but it will be great. The little one just started Kindergarten so I can't wait to see how grown up she seems! My father-in-law is also coming to visit and let's just say that Andrew has filled out our meal plan with yummy places quite nicely... updates to come next week for sure!