1) This was most definitely a week of too much food. We went to a favorite, Underbelly, for dinner on Tuesday and ate 18 month dry-aged beef. It has its own twitter account and everything. It was tasty but I really didn't get it. When you smelled it, it was stinky like bleu cheese. It had the texture of an Italian meat. I would eat it again if it was placed in front of me, but I don't have to have it again. The broccoli roasted in fish sauce won the night for me, and I hate broccoli. I loved the gratin and the papaya salad too, though - maybe I just wasn't in a meat mood. The coffee was also OMG amazing and I have been dreaming of it since.
"Allen the Leg" (yes, the waitstaff called it that) | Wagyu Beef Skewers with Papaya Salad (yum) | Sweet Potato Gratin | Broccoli and Pork Leg | Broccoli roasted in house-made fish sauce. I hate broccoli but I could have had this for dessert!
2) I just started following Anna's blog and the other day she talked about cat health. You know I love Cat Bauer more than I ever thought I could love a cat, so it really got me thinking. Bauey gets steroid shots every quarter that can cause long term effects, but that seemed to be the only thing that eases his hacking caused by feline asthma. Anna's post made me do research and switch him to gluten free food. A lot of websites were Jenny-McCarthy-vaccines-are-bad crazy, but I did find some things that made me think getting rid of grain for him might help his respiratory problems, so I figure it's worth a shot. We are only on day two so it's too early to tell. But it is damn expensive! Have you ever switched your pet's food for its health? Tell me it's worth it!
3) Speaking of following blogs, how come now when I follow a blog on Bloglovin', I follow the blogger too? I mean I like you guys but I don't need to know every blogging move you make. It's too much and I unfollow you (but not your blog) right away. Is there something I'm missing or is this as annoying as I think it is?
They always have interesting mugs! | Andrew and I each got our own caramel popcorn pot de creme since he told me he wouldn't share | My FIL got a fried sweet potato pie and it was amazing.
4) Politics aside, I loved this article. Texas, feel free to put a Festivus pole in your Capitol. This voter will support it. I really feel that I would excel in the Airing of Grievances! (Hmmmm... post idea for next week - maybe Thursday? Who's with me?)
5) I have pretty awesome Microsoft Paint skills. I know you are jealous but don't worry, I would be happy to draw you something, too. I was gchatting with my friend Joey and we were talking about her gallbladder (it's basically an a-hole) so I had to draw it. I have no idea why - I had probably been in a quiet office too long and needed to entertain myself. I have no idea what gallbladders look like at all, for the record. So, now when things get scary or uncertain, I will just draw them in paint and make them less threatening.
It's the last real weekend to shop of the Holiday Season. I have so much to do. Hope you have a great weekend!