I have never seen the snow icon before so I was really excited. Notice that the high is 70 on Sunday, though! | Treadmill Desk | Bauer, needing to be near me to keep warm.
1) I had another lady date. For some of you guys, this is probably no big deal, but for me, it is. A year ago at this time, I had two real girlfriends who I rarely saw. One I have grown apart from in many ways, and the other has three young sons, so I rarely call her on a whim. Now I am so lucky to have friends that I can plan to grab lunch or drinks with so often. On Monday I was off work and got to have lunch with Caitlin. I love to hear about wedding planning, so she had lots of great stories for me. And? She lives close so I didn't have to drive far to see her. Win-win. When her life calms down, I am going to start calling her all the time for wine dates at the last minute. Be ready, lady!
2) The Treadmill Desk - I tweeted about spending my lunch on a treadmill desk and a few people were interested. The Dean at my school is a pretty fit guy and he saw these treadmill desks, so three were purchased for the school: one for faculty, one for staff, and one for students. The students refused to use theirs - they said it was weird and they felt like people were looking at them. So, it got moved to an empty office and I spent my lunch on it earlier this week. I brought my iPad and keyboard and read blogs and twitter. It was pretty great and I even broke a sweat. I definitely want to make it into a habit!
3) "You have serious food envy." The funniest and truest thing my husband said to me this week. It's true. If he or anyone else tells me about the yummy thing they ate, I immediately want that. Sometimes the feeling goes away and other times I stay hungry for that thing for days. It's ridiculous.
4) Scarves, boots, hot chocolate, fleece pants, and a snuggly kitty are some of my favorite things. Why does winter only exist in Houston for a day or two at a time, and why can't it last longer? I'm already missing it and it hasn't left yet, but it is definitely my favorite time of year. I don't like the sun or water so summer can stay away!
5) In Houston, if we are facing a hurricane or icy roads, the news media pretty much loses its mind and we all think we are going to be trapped in our homes for weeks. We are currently planning for icy roads on Friday morning and I would be lying if I said that all day Thursday wasn't spent looking for reasons to persuade the administration to close the building. You'll be able to tell by my tweets this morning if I'm at home with my coffee and Kelly and Michael or at work like any other day. I know, the east coast can handle feet of snow and a polar vortex; we shut down over a quarter inch of ice.
See More Good: You are probably already following Kerry's blog but if not, you should. She is doing random acts of kindness that are so sweet. And these people in San Francisco are opening a KitTea Cafe where patrons can mingle with kitties who need homes over coffee and tea. Yet another reason for me to travel to California.
If iI get to stay home for the day, I'm ordering Showtime so I can binge-watch the final season of Dexter and the most recent season of Homeland. If I'm at work, I'm definitely mad at Mother Nature. The Grammys are on Sunday and I can't wait to watch them along with the rest of Twitter. Hope you have a great weekend!