After being real and vulnerable on yesterday's post, I feel like being light and happy today. So how about a little refocus onto five things making me really happy right now:
1) Cold weather is hot chocolate weather. Temperatures have been freezing or below every night this week and my hands and feet are never warm. Not like I need an excuse to drink hot chocolate, but being in the mood for it makes it extra delicious.
2) Shameless. Please tell me someone else watches this show? It is completely hilarious and completely offensive to everyone and about everything. This season, they have found a way to make incest funny. I know it sounds terrible, and finding a gif without bad words was hard work, but I am so glad it's back (and that we're paying for Showtime right now and can watch it). If you aren't offended by much at all really, you should give it a try.
3) Football Season is Over! I don't mind football season (when the Giants aren't awful), but I am always glad when it's over. We can go to brunch again! I can sleep in and we can go to the grocery store when we want rather than scrambling to be back by noon! No more Thursday night and Monday nights with football - we can watch our shows! It's a little thing but I like it!
4) Being busy at work. This semester has been a little slow-going, event-wise. This week though, it was like everyone remembered that I exist and could help them. So I have gotten to do what I'm mostly good at. It's nice to be productive.
5) The Olympic Opening Ceremonies. I am so ready for them. They will either be amazing or a huge failure... I am kind of thinking the latter has a good shot. I may not be home to see them, but thank goodness for twitter and youtube - they will provide everything I need to know.
See More Good: A man here in Houston paid the account balances for over 60 kids' school lunches so they could eat a hot meal, rather than the cheese sandwich being given to them since they had delinquent accounts. No matter what mistakes the parents have made, elementary school kids shouldn't have to go without food. What a nice man.
So I really want to know - what's making you happy this week?