It was a short week, a long weekend, and I have no photos to share with you but here are five things nonetheless.
1) There are a lot of things to complain about when you work for a higher education non-profit, but getting a few extra days off thrown your way during student spring break isn't one of them. I always look forward to a four day weekend for no reason. But, don't hate me too much - I don't get any extra time off for Easter, so it kind of balances out.
2) Blogs get quiet on Thursday which is totally cool because everyone needs a day off and when everyone takes one at once, no one has to feel like they're missing out. Question for you, though: do you ignore blogs completely and mark as read, read but don't comment, or read and comment but don't post? I'm just wondering. I mean if I have what I think is an awesome post idea, I may not post it on a Thursday just so I can make sure people see it.
3) I felt like such a blogger this weekend because I had third day dirty hair that I wore in a bun high my head - I believe pinterest calls that a top knot? Whatever, it hid my grossness and if the internet says that's a cute look, then sign me up! Lazy always wins.
4) Since revamping the living room (thanks for your sweet comments!), I have wanted the rest of the house to feel better. I spent a lot of time Thursday cleaning out closets and rearranging things. The things that I have hoarded away are a little ridiculous. Do you have any idea how many leftover candles and candle holders I still have from my wedding? And the number of candles I bought at Bath & Body Works over the summer is criminal. I purged a good amount of stuff and organized the rest and it feels SO good - and that is a big deal coming from someone who would usually prefer to ignore a mess than deal with it!
5) My husband started a blog! It's about Houston and food, naturally. He wants to be fairly anonymous so he asked me not to link back to him but I wanted to talk about it anyway. Finally, he understands my crazy. He understands the "How do I make people read this thing?" feelings and the happiness when someone who is a big deal talks to you on twitter. It makes me laugh because I can tell how crazy I have sounded to him for the past year. He barely started it, though, and has already gotten invited to a food event... with a plus one, of course! Unfortunately it's during the day on a week day and in Galveston so neither of us could go but still... I was impressed!
That's about it. I have a few things lined up for this weekend but if I blogged about them now, what would we talk about next week? Also I am having fun with this snapchat business and if we aren't friends, we should be - eatdrinklauren.