I confess that when life gets busy, blog life is the first thing to suffer. I'm just preoccupied with selling all my furniture, picking out new, getting TV mounting estimates, and attempting to decorate at night. It definitely isn't a bad thing but it leaves me with neither time nor desire to hang out with my laptop every night. I know we have all been there. Luckily I have had a confessions post in my draft folder halfway written for me so I won't be totally silent this week...
- Speaking of my house, it is oddly empty right now. We have three barstools, two lamps, and an entertainment center that we are hoping to sell ASAP. The TV and DVR are on the floor. We had picnic on the floor sitting on pillows and eating at the coffee table for dinner the other night... until someone came to buy the coffee table.
- When I know I am right and someone else is wrong - I mean, beyond a shadow of a doubt know a FACT, not an opinion - I get really ragey at the person who won't listen to or doesn't care about the fact I know. I get a little consumed with wanting to prove them wrong and you can see it on my face. Clearly this is not an attractive trait and I should work on it but I can't help it - when you're right, you're right.
- My work office is tiny but nicely furnished with an antique wingback chair for guests to sit in. It's actually pretty comfortable. If I carpool with Andrew and didn't get enough sleep the night before, then I may curl up in said chair for an hour before I'm supposed to start working. I lock myself in the suite, keep all the lights off, and close the blinds in my office. I feel like George on Seinfeld when he slept under his desk and would be so embarrassed if I got caught, but some days I know I just need a little extra rest! Don't worry, it's during my "extra" hour before my work day starts, not while I'm on the clock.
- Also on the subject of my morning laziness, most days I come into work without any make-up on. Since it's so early, I rarely pass anyone on the half-block walk into the building or as I make my way to my 2nd floor office. Then I just put it on at about 7:58 and start my day.
- Reading blogs all the time has made me realize how modest I am about so many things - specifically, the (over)sharing of bathroom habits. Ladies, I know that we all go through a lot of the same things behind closed doors, but you will never see me blog about it in any detail. I just can't. I am all for keeping it real but I guess a part of me wants private things to stay private, too. I feel like I am alone in this - any other "don't ask, don't tell" people out there when it comes to bathroom habits?
- I spent way too much money on fancy coffee on Saturday. I'm not even sorry because I couldn't decide between hot coffee and iced coffee so I got both within a few hours. Houston, if you have not had iced coffee from Greenway Coffee (served at Blacksmith and Revival Market among others), then you are missing out.
- My cat smells like smoked meat. Andrew smoked a brisket and some ribs this weekend and apparently something Bauer has been close to still smells like it. My cat should definitely not smell like food. (Andrew tweeted this fact and got retweeted by Houston's biggest food critic so he is extra happy about this...)
That's about all I've got on the confessions front. Linking up with Kathy as one does on a Wednesday.