- I learned that it is so worth it to make couple friends. Andrew and I went out with Sara and Bryan and it was great! Let's do it again!
- I learned that Underbelly, one of my favorite restaurants, has gone and gotten really damn expensive. Still good, but ouch. It will now have to go on the "Celebratory/Special Occasion" list of retaurants and that makes me sad (the four of us shared the veggies cooked in fish sauce, Korean goat and dumplings, and bread with whipped honey lardo). At least the wine was half price, and I had plenty.
- "Drinks and Bites" at the Menil Collection (an art museum) literally mean a drink and a bite - we each got a glass of wine and a crostini with some smoked salmon. Big disappointment. But, art and wine seem to go together well as wandering the galleries and making immature jokes about art was actually really fun.
There was more art outside the museum - this was just an overhead projector with stuff written on a transparency. You know, the stuff you stared at for HOURS in school? It's art now, apparently.
- Strawberry basil, Habanero Ginger, and Blood orange are all perfectly fine margarita flavors, in case you were wondering.
- The Shawshank Redemption has magical powers that will leave you incapacitated on your couch for three hours every time it comes on. Every.damn.time.
- BLUEBERRY PANCAKES. Need I say more? No, I do not.
- That shorts no longer feel as age-appropriate as they once did. What do you guys think? I put on a pair, immediately decided that they were inappropriate unless I was headed to an outdoor concert (I was not), and wore jeans. How does one dress in the heat when one is almost 30?
- And I learned that it can still be fun to go shopping with a friend. This is something I have avoided for years, but Sara and I planned to go to the outlets (before we decided to go out with the guys on Friday) and we spent a few hours giving opinions and convincing ourselves we needed things. It was the first time I've had fun shopping in forever, so maybe bringing a friend is key? (I got a dress and a top, both for work, from the New York and Company Outlet for anyone wondering).
Linking up with Katie and Leeann!