1) If you follow me on Instagram, then you already saw a glimpse of the succulent garden I put together over the weekend. I used Martha Stewart's tutorial, found here. I got the vase, gravel, and sand from Michael's (around $10 total, after coupon) and the plants and soil from Home Depot (soil was less than $5 and a huge bag, plants were $3 - $5 each; I used three. I always wonder what stuff costs so I thought I would share.). The sand looks really messy and I am afraid I'm going to kill it, but I really love it so far, especially with the addition of a dinosaur (painted at a pottery place years ago).
The dinosaur stays. Also, you can see my table. I'll post pics next week.
2) I scratched another restaurant off of the Top 100 in Houston list this week: Bijan Persian Grill. It's right by Andrew's office. I was in the mood for something comforting, but the same old stuff didn't sound appealing; this was perfect. The bread that comes to the table is like Naan around the perimeter, but crisp like a cracker in the center. We each got a plate with mint leaves, sliced radishes, and feta squares to go on the bread - it was a unique flavor but I loved it! I ordered a beef and grilled chicken skewer, and both were great, but Andrew's chicken kebob was my favorite part of the meal. We will definitely be back (and one day, I will finish that "Eat" tab up there... one day...).
The only pic I took. But it was so good! I need some Persian friends.
3) I love World Market and collecting points at World Market. I had a $10 reward, they had $10 off a $30 purchase, and I wanted a $30 tray. I got said tray and a spice jar (the tray was $29.99, $30 minimum purchase) for $11 after tax. Awesome.
The bottom is mirrored but the wood is weathered. I don't know how to style these things so mine is just practical for now.
4) I love looking at the search terms that bring people to my blog. I get some good traffic for writing your own wedding vows and the Austin 360 Amphitheater, but I have also had people find me using "what does Lauren want to eat?" and "Lauren blog Bauer cat." If you remember my name, my cat's name, and the fact that I have a blog, then really that's all you need. I hope you have decided to stick around and read regularly.
Yesterday, a lot of people posted a list of things they would never do (I linked to this post). Many said they would never get a cat because they don't like cats. That made Bauer sad so I made him a meme. Sadly he has yet to go viral. But man, bloggers, why you gotta hate the kitties? I still like you though. I just think you have terrible taste :)
5) I've been on a huge ice cream kick lately. Again, I instagrammed (I should really stop that so I have blog fodder, huh?) the amazingness that is Mexican Chocolate, only available at HEB, so sorry non-Texans, but I don't think I have said anything about the new Ben and Jerry's with the hazelnut core. Holy Nutella yumminess... There's dark chocolate ice cream, hazelnut ice cream, and a core that's basically Nutella. I'm not a Ben and Jerry's lover but this is a new favorite.
This week has passed soooooo slowly, probably because I have been looking forward to today for over a month! I have a lunch date that I am super excited about. I'll instagram it for sure, and you'll hear all about it next week. Hope you have a great weekend!