1) I went to happy (three) hour(s) with Miranda this week so we could talk about her upcoming wedding! I'm so excited for her and full of unsolicited advice that she is being so gracious in letting me throw her way. I can't help it - I love weddings! I have been to Benjy's for dinner before but never happy hour, so we did that and got blood orange margaritas, a chicken sausage pizza, pistachio-crusted goat cheese cakes, and some spicy Korean chicken. Good company, good food, and cocktails - I love it.
2) My friend Sarah wanted to check out the farmer's market near my office so we met there for lunch. She was nice enough to wait nearly thirty minutes with me for the crepe I wanted - tabbouli, avocado, and cucumber - and we got to enjoy some awesome Eatsie Boys ice cream (Shipley Donut popsicle for her, Cafe Sua Da for me). I was a sweaty mess so no pictures but I always love catching up with and talking food with her.
3) If you follow me on twitter then you might have seen that my red wine vinegar (purchased in the last month) expired on... December 19, 2009. Andrew was going to use it to make a salad dressing on Wednesday night but decided to throw it away, obviously. Since we were already in comfy clothes, we decided to order Chinese food from a new to us place with excellent reviews. We both liked our dishes, had way too much food, and I was excited to order from them again... until I woke up feeling bad on Thursday. I felt really bad and he felt kind of bad so it was probably my dish that did it. I went to work but left at 10:30. The silver lining? Bauer gave me two hours of uninterrupted snuggles and I decided that Fixer Upper is my new favorite show on HGTV (I love the wife's taste and their marriage is so cute, at least on camera).
Cause and effect
4) I bought this shirt a few weeks ago and I love it. I need to go get more. It's the right length, loose but not frumpy, lightweight, and cheap. If you need some summer basics, then I highly recommend it. I'm wearing it in my pic with the Igloo cooler.
5) I love looking at what search terms bring people to my blog. The best ones I've seen lately are "cute jerk cat" and "my husband is crazy about football." And that, friends, pretty much sums up my life. Any good ones leading to your blog that you want to share?
So far, nothing is really planned for this weekend. I'll probably binge watch Orange is the New Black with the rest of twitter. Let's go.