It's Wednesday and I'm back to work after five days of being away. I read lots of blog posts but didn't comment because phone reading was way easier when I wasn't at work. I'm not ready to be back at work but I am ready to get back to blogging and what better way to ease the transition than by linking up with Kathy?
- I confess that since I don't know how to cook, the fact that I made Trader Joe's Kung Pao Chicken (frozen and precooked but I had to "stir fry" it in a skillet to warm it up then add the pre-cut veggies and sauce) made me way more proud than it should have.
- I've never really understood the stay at home wife lifestyle (probably because I suck at domestic things), but the past two days I've prepared dinner (notice how I don't use the word "cook") and we've eaten so much earlier than we're used to and it's lovely. I confess that I'm jealous of everyone who can be done with dinner by 6:30 because that's mostly impossible for us!
- I adore the mute button on twitter more and more each day. If I get sick of retweets, then a-muting I will go!
- I don't like Taco Bell and haven't eaten there in years but something about the quesarito is so damn appealing. Someone please try it so I don't.
- If you follow me on twitter than you know I had jury duty yesterday. I may have gotten dismissed super early and I may have just taken advantage of the rest of the day to hang out with my nieces some more. We may have built a tent, played catch in the house against my mom's wishes, colored, and discussed tattoos. If I have to take a half day of vacation to make up for what I may have done, then it will be well worth it.
- I like to use Confessions posts as my own personal tutorials so I will confess something I don't know in hopes that you do - I've seen other people screenshot their twitter accounts and there's a notification by the "Me" on the bottom right. I use twitter a lot and never get notifications there so I confess that I think I'm missing out on something - care to explain?
- I know I said that I didn't care about the World Cup but then I hopped on the bandwagon and started drinking the kool-aid because Clint Dempsey is from Nacogdoches, Texas, a pretty small town that my grandma's family lives in. I spent a few weeks there each summer as a kid and you know I love me some Texas pride. Plus, I love that I can watch the game at work on Thursday in the name of patriotism, right?
- I have to stop myself from liking food and cat pictures on instagram because I worry what people might think if they see that that's 90% of the things I like.
- I judge myself for the above confession because I shouldn't care but really who wants to be the food and cat lady (oh wait, I kind of do).
That's all I've got for today - lucky me, I'm off Friday so it's only a two day work week.