This has nothing to do with anything, but it's from a place near my house that specializes in building backyard ponds. I loved the HUGE lily pads that look like trays.
- Andrew and I are big on traditions. You may already know about Bullwinkle on the tree and he loves to have crabs on the first Sunday of football season. One year, before football season started, I lamented that we wouldn't be able to have Sunday brunch during the season and I was sad, so he took me to Hugo's for an amazing brunch buffet. And from that year on, we decided to go with it - the last Sunday before football brunchstravaganza. We went this past Sunday and it didn't disappoint. I confess that I ate so much that I didn't eat another real meal for over 24 hours.
- I confess that the amount of joy I felt when I realized Apple would replace my crappy phone battery for free was a bit on the ridiculous side. Not leaving home without a charger and charging at least three times a day made my phone a lot less mobile. It took two hours on a busy Sunday, but my phone is fixed and it feels so good. If you have an iPhone 5 with crappy battery life, see if your serial number was affected.
- Wedding planning and buying a house are similar in that money loses meaning. When you're getting married, it's all "Oh, we have to invite that family of five? What's $500 more in the grand scheme of things?" and then you snap back to reality and realize that there is no other time where you would ever spend that much to share a meal with those people but you do it because they're your family even though you've never met them. With our house, we just had to make a concession that cost us a few thousand dollars. House buying Lauren said why the hell not, let's get this thing sold. Real life Lauren freaked out a little internally because my first car didn't even cost that much. I confess that I'm trying to make sure Real Life Lauren stays out of matters until the papers are signed and we've moved.
- I confess that "collected and eclectic" is the look I'm going for in our new house but I really don't know what that means. Follow me on pinterest as I try to figure it out. (Sidebar, I found something I pinned three years ago that I forgot about that looks eerily like my current living room, so at least my tastes are consistent?)
- I confess that I still don't like or really get pinterest but it has helped me see that wrought iron beds can look cool and updated and I don't have to get an upholstered headboard just because they're everywhere (no offense but my cat will turn that into a scratching post at the first opportunity).
- Finally, I confess that I fell in love with Bath and Body Works' Caramel Bourbon candle over the weekend but $22 for a candle was crazy so I'm depending on blogs and twitter to tell me when they're on sale. Help this non B&BW shopper out!
For those following along with the house hunting saga at home, things are still looking good and if all goes according to plan, we close on buying the new house three weeks from today. I'm more excited for all the new things I can buy than the actual act of moving itself, but I think I'll be the most excited when it's all said and done. I will undoubtedly continue to update about it. Bet you're happy I stopped blogging five times a week!