These are things I love about Christmas that other people may not notice but I just completely love.
- When Bruce Springsteen asks Clarence (RIP) if Santa is going to bring him a new saxophone at the beginning of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town."
- Hot cocoa in a snowman mug with homemade marshmallows (if only Texas would get below 70 this season).
- The twinkling snowflake lights we just hung above our front porch that make me SO HAPPY. No idea why - our Christmas decor isn't going to win any awards but those damn lights just get me.
- The hideous gingerbread snowman Christmas ornament I made in second grade that still has to go on the tree, even if he's in the back.
-In Love, Actually, when the little girl is singing on the stage and for a brief second, the little boy thinks the "And you" is just for him.
- Mrs. Claus telling Santa to "Eat, eatttt" in Rudolph.
- Cadbury Christmas.... round balls that taste just like Cadbury Easter Eggs.
- George Michael whispering "Merry Christmas" in the second verse of "Last Christmas."
- The Barenaked Ladies version of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen." I can't pick a piece of it. I listened to it twice today and tried, but it just didn't work.
There are probably more, but those are the ones I was thinking of and it was too long to tweet. Any personal favorite details to share?
Sorry if you hate Christmas, but there are possibly two more coming this week. At least I warned you!