1) In 8th grade, I borrowed Blink-182's Dude Ranch CD from a friend. For one night. In that night, I taped it onto a cassette and handwrote every word to every song in a notebook (using the CD booklet). I still know a good 90% of that CD and surprise myself any time one of the songs come up on Pandora. Ah, the days before iTunes and at-home internet access!
2) My middle name is Ashley. My mom got the name Lauren from the show The Young and the Restless. My middle name was going to me Marie, but then my grandma pointed out that Lauren was a brat of a character and my mom should add in a nice character's name to balance me out. So she changed it to Ashley. Not to be confused with the 1980s brand Laura Ashley. People of a certain age still find that funny.
3) When you don't know what to do, ask Twitter. When Twitter tells you what to do, do it. Ashten told me I should vlog, so I did. I was already in PJs and glasses and my make-up was mostly gone so be nice... Also I recorded this twice and deleted the wrong one from YouTube. And my husband called me awkward. This is almost six minutes of your life you'll never get back.
Cool face. Thanks YouTube.
4) I was nominated for a Liebster Award. While I get the purpose of the award and I am of course flattered by it, I would love to no longer be eligible for it! So if you've been reading around here and have yet to follow me somehow, can do you do it? I have a ways to go before that 200 person mark! And in the spirit of the Liebster Awards, I answered most of Bella's questions in the vlog above. If you didn't watch it, I don't blame you - it's hard for me to watch them at work.
5) When I tweeted about being stuck on today's post, Samantha asked me what was the best thing I ever ate and what my last meal would be. I love these questions but of course they will require at least a weekend's worth of thought. I would love to hear yours, though...
See More Good: This letter from a police officer to his K9 Partner had me tearing up at my desk. If you haven't read it, do it now.