- I confess that I mark beauty, fitness, and recipe posts as read no matter how much I love you. I'm not going to pin that, do that, or buy that, so I just move on. I'll be back tomorrow.
- If you use weird fonts for the body of your posts, I want to click away. Comic sans is terrible and unless your blog is about elementary school students, make it go away!
I honestly can't think of any blogs I follow offhand that do this but I know I've seen it...
- The same goes for text columns that are too narrow. If I have to squint to read your blog post, then buh-bye. Lose space on the left and right sidebars to have more room for content, please.
- And, one more confession about looks - I confess that I take your blog hobby more seriously when you size your photos. Look at this old post here and then this one for comparison's sake. I think the one with bigger pictures is more appealing. Picmonkey should be your best friend, if it isn't already! You took those pretty pictures, so let me SEE them!
- I confess that I judge how much I like a blog by how the blogger treats me. Someone recently asked what my favorite blogs were, and I gave a long answer with many variables because a lot of the bloggers whose writing I love aren't particularly friendly, whereas other bloggers whose blog subject matter isn't always my favorite are great people who I enjoy emailing.
- That said, I procrastinate on responding to comments and I feel terribly guilty every time. I like thoughtful responses, so why is it sometimes so hard to give them in return?
- I hate whatever the wordpress commenting platform is that makes me go back to your blog to read comment replies and about 75% of the time, I never click over to read your response.
- With all the recent talk about blog organization lately, I confess I wonder where I land in different people's blog folders.
- I love words and list posts are hard for me. I realized last week that my long, wordy, confessions posts like this and this got fewer hits than my short ones like this. It makes me sad that so few people want to "have to" read, but it isn't going to make me change my long-winded ways.
- If you follow me on twitter, then you know I don't like hashtags in blog posts, but the point above deserves a sorry not sorry. If I were in to that kind of thing.
- I give myself a hard time when all my posts for the week are link-ups, but a good idea is a good idea and posting more than four times a week is usually overwhelming!
.... and I could continue. I like to overthink blogging, clearly, and I'm sure we differ on quite a few opinions. I'd love to hear some of your blogging confessions.
Linking up, as always, with Kathy.