Confession: Last night, I wanted something to blog about so I went to my drafts folder. I thought I maybe had ten posts in there, three of which mostly need pictures, so I didn't expect to find much. I was shocked when I saw 55... That means 55 times that I have stared at the screen, had a fleeting thought, and then quit. What a waste of time!
Some of those posts will likely never see the light of day. I have one about being "dumped" as a friend and another about a sticky work situation... but others just never got finished, or, their very contents stump me. Some examples:
- Things I bought that are awesome that aren't expensive: I got as far as Not Your Mother's dry shampoo and Payless Dexflex flats (seriously, love those shoes for the price).
- My Christmas House - explanations of some of my favorite Christmas decor (maybe I'll do that this year. Does anyone care?)
- A post called "Walking Your Dog is Hard" with all of the anxiety about neighbor interaction I used to feel about walking my dog. A year later, and I still feel it.
- Blog Your Unpopular Opinion, Volume Two which includes my disdain for Starbucks cup instagrams (especially now. Yes, they're red. Cool, I guess?), hashtags in blog posts, and the words Fri-yay, spirit animal, and adulting. You guys, I like English and slang is okay sometimes but can we just chill a little?
- A post with random facts about me dated 9/11/14 where I say Napa is my dream vacation. On 9/19/15, I got to go there. I love having a blog for keeping memories like this.
- Five Things I Wish People Would Agree On. Impossible! That one sounds like it could cause some disagreement. Maybe it's better no one has seen it.
- Other assorted titles like "Ways my husband failed at childhood," "I know you disagree but cats are awesome," "How to make people hate you at graduation," and "You took a blogging break - now what?" (I wish I had some insight on that last one... I wonder what I was going to say?)
The only thing that I'm really confessing here is that my intentions on blogging are better than my follow-through, but I wanted to support Kathy and Nadine with their link-up so let's pretend that this works. So, help a slacker out - if any of these posts should happen, let me know!