F I V E things I did this week:
1) Went to my neighborhood's Easter Egg-stravaganza with some friends, one of whom had a baby, so we didn't look like total weirdos. It was cute and there were food trucks.
2) Had dinner at Helen, which I hated on my first visit but have liked every time since. The roasted red pepper dip with feta has been haunting my dreams all week.
3) Got a pedicure with girlfriends. I rarely treat myself to one but it's one of their go-to friend dates, so I'm glad to have an excuse. Plus, OPI's Strawberry Margarita makes me happy every time I take off my shoes.
4) Took Bauer to a new vet. He has cat acne like a sixteen year old boy and I have to scrub his chin raw every night and apply ointment. He's also on a diet. He hates me. The things we do for our pets.
5) Had one of the best dinners at home, ever. Andrew made snapper, fried zucchini, and heirloom carrots with a mint tangelo gastrique for dinner last weekend. It was amazing. The fact that the cast iron pan creates smoke and I cried for two hours straight was not.
F O U R things I bought lately:
1) Sea salt spray. You guys, this is lifechanging. A friend had some she didn't want from Birchbox so I gladly took it. I cut my hair about a month ago and I'm tired of straightening it. My natural texture is ugly wavy that has been slept on, but if I use sea salt spray when I'm about halfway done blowdrying and scrunch as I finish, I get waves that are a little messy but even throughout my hair and exactly what I have wanted my whole life. I bought some John Freida spray at Target because it was cheap, but I will probably spring for the Parlour brand from Birchbox next time.
2) These flats from Payless. They're on super sale for like $12 with a coupon and I love that they're neutral but different.
3) 100 calorie packs of Sriracha cashews. Technically I haven't bought any (my friend gave me some), but I will. I don't like sriracha generally but these are delicious and spicy and a great afternoon snack.
4) I guess I'm on a shoe spree because I also got some sandals at Academy with a gift card Andrew got for Christmas (he'll never use it...). I had similar ones from Old Navy a few years ago, but they broke. These feel tougher and have a sturdier bottom. When you get older, these things start to matter, right?
not where the egg hunt was, but another pic from my neighborhood | cat Bauer, acne not shown | um, I loved this dinner so so much | that wave is courtesy of sea salt spray
T H R E E shows I'm watching:
1) The People vs. OJ Simpson - I look forward to Tuesdays, even though I do tend to fall asleep during the episodes and have to rewatch.
2) The Walking Dead - This partial season started off so, so good. It's getting slower now, but I think the season finale will be amazing.
3) Younger - It's easy, mindless TV and I love seeing what they're wearing, as insane as some of the outfits can be. Plus a lot of the cast is going to be at the ATX TV Festival this summer and I can't wait.
T W O reasons I'm excited for spring:
1) I mention this every year, but spring break! Mine is this week and I'll be off starting Wednesday.
2) My nieces are coming to Houston! Every time I see them, we do something fun. Last year, it was roller skating. No idea for this year. Since I'm not their mom, I no longer post their faces on non-secured spaces on the internet, but follow along on snapchat (eatdrinklauren) if you want to see what they convince me to go do.
O N E more thing I want to share:
@PeteSouza on instagram. He's the official White House photographer for President Obama. If you're the type of person who thinks any president, especially this one, does nothing but go on vacations and have fun, then please don't follow. If you're realistic and realize that of course this account will highlight the fun and fluffy stuff the president does, then check it out.
Springtime means bluebonnets in Texas so we are going to go see if this week's rain caused any to come out yet. Fingers crossed since they're a tradition in our house. Happy weekend!