- This was on twitter, but it bears repeating: I made a recipe over the weekend that my husband really, really liked. He went to culinary school so I never learned to cook and finding things that I feel comfortable attempting to make that he likes is virtually impossible. This Mediterranean chicken and chickpea dish with turmeric rice was a huge hit and it has now been added to the rotation.
- I tried yoga for the first time over the weekend and surprisingly, I didn't hate it. I know I should do weights at the gym, but it's so intimidating when other people are there and let's be honest, I really enjoy using my gym time as TV watching time. Yoga requires so much more strength than I ever imagined. During the class, I was miserable and I hated it, but thinking about it after (and for the next two days, when I was sore), I actually liked it. My first class was on Saturday and I went again Wednesday so this might become a thing.
- Related: I feel like yoga requires new workout clothes. I need shirts that are longer and looser.
- I tried to go to one of the Gilmore Girls/Luke's Diner things yesterday but the line was literally a block long. It was a cute idea but I didn't want to wait in line for over an hour for a disposable cup and to take a few pictures. The fervor reminded me of seeing the cast at the ATX Festival all over again.
Let's #tbt to that time I was two rows in front of Logan and Jess (even after all the rewatches, I'm still Team Logan...)
- I built a website! Okay, "built" is being generous; I played with a template until I had something I was happy with! Andrew chose wix.com to build a website for doublebackbbq.com but then gave me the awesome task of making it work. It wasn't too bad once I got the hang of it so I would recommend it if you ever need something similar.
- I'm loving the push to get back to blogging basics lately. I'm definitely going to steal Steph's post from yesterday and I think Alyssa's non-traditional link-up idea is completely genius. What else is out there that's a break from the norm? I used to be able to open up to bloggers, and write long comment responses, and turned my blog friends into text friends, gchat friends, and in real life friends, and that hasn't happened in a long time. I'm excited to know there are other people out there who want to be known.
- We're going to Charleston in a few weeks and I'm super excited... but all we have planned is where to eat! What are the best things to do in the city? We'll have to uber everywhere if that affects anything.
- A few weeks ago, we went bowling with three other couples. I was awful but it's so fun. I get worse the more I drink so by the end of our two hours, I was embarrassing myself. I'm glad no one else was good, either.
- If you have a fancy camera, how did you learn to use it? I want to learn to use mine - help!
Okay, that's enough stuff and things that are new with me. Linking up with Kristin and Joey and Kristen and Gretchen.